SEVENTY YEARS AGO
September 24, 1939
* Pure silk full fashioned hose for women is advertised at 47 cents a pair at Rowland's Store in Monett.
* Blanche Gillioz entertained at bridge at her home Thursday. High score prizes were won by Mrs. Tom Croddy, Mrs. C.W. Collier and Mrs. Albert Austin.
SIXTY YEARS AGO
September 24, 1949
* Miss Betty Lahmeyer of Bland has been appointed home service director for the Gas Service Company, according to Carl Jenkins of Monett, district manager.
* Mr. and Mrs. Norman Jackson of Kings Prairie were hosts Wednesday to more than 125 farm men and women of Barry County at the annual County Balanced Farm Field Day.
FIFTY YEARS AGO
September 24, 1959
* Five champions were shown at the Aurora Tri-County Livestock Show over the weekend by Larry Purdom.
* Monett school buses have been rated to be in excellent condition following the annual school bus inspection, according to Monett Superintendent of Schools E.e. Camp.
FORTY YEARS AGO
September 24, 1969
* Collier Auto Supply Store in Monett has been sold by A.B. collier and Vance Moore to Dick Traynor and sons, Jim and Don, of Springfield.
* Mrs. Landon Jenkins, of Monett, director of school food services in the Monett schools, has been named president-elect of the new unit of school food service personnel in Barry and surrounding counties.
THIRTY YEARS AGO
September 24, 1979
* Monett Jaycees approved a contribution of $100 to the 1979 Monett United Way Drive at last night's meeting, according to Wayne Self, president.
* New members to the Board of Adjustment of the City of Monett Zoning Commission are Donald Phillips, W.C. Haskins and G.R. Muench.
TWENTY YEARS AGO
September 24, 1989
* A landmark operation in the history of Monett ended yesterday when the Ice Plant, the oldest continuously operating industrial facility in the city, shut down production.
* Michael Sweeney, a Monett attorney, has been appointed as municipal judge for the City of Aurora, effective October 1.
TEN YEARS AGO
September 24, 1999
* Top of the line frame equipment has been acquired for the auto collision repair technology class at the Southwest Area Career Center at Monett.
* First place plaque was won for the first time in the history of Monett High School volleyball in a regular season tournament last Saturday when the Cubs won the Hillcrest Tournament.