By LISA SCHLICHTMAN
The Monett High School Fall Sports Pride Night will be held at the Burl Fowler Stadium this Saturday, Aug. 15.
The annual event, which gives Cubs fans the opportunity to enjoy a football scrimmage and meet fall sports athletes, will begin with a Monett Boosters tailgate party at 5:45 p.m.
The party will kick off the Boosters' 2009 membership drive. With a completed membership, individuals will receive a hotdog or hamburger, chips and a drink. The concession stand will also be open, and Boosters will be selling MHS apparel and spirit items.
Following the tailgate party, athletes, cheerleaders and band members will be introduced with the freshmen vs. junior varsity football scrimmage at 7:15 p.m. and the junior varsity vs. varsity football scrimmage to be played at 7:40 p.m.
A tentative schedule for this exciting evening is as follows:
* 5:45 p.m.: Monett Boosters Tailgate Party.
* 6:30 p.m.: Football team warm-up.
* 7 p.m.: National Anthem and Monett Fight Song.
* 7:05 p.m.: Introduction of MHS football team.
* 7:15 p.m.: Freshman vs. junior varsity scrimmage.
* 7:15 p.m.: Introduction of Monett Cub Band.
* 7:30 p.m.: Introduction of MHS cheerleaders.
* 7:40 p.m.: Introduction of MHS cross country team.
* 7:40 p.m.: junior varsity vs. varsity scrimmage begins.
* 7:50 p.m.: Introduction of MHS volleyball team.
* 8 p.m.: Introduction of MHS soccer team.
* 8:10 p.m.: Introduction of MHS softball team.
* 8:20 p.m.: Introduction of MHS girls tennis team.