EIGHTY YEARS AGO
August 6, 1929
* Misses Mayme and Clara Cobb of Aurora visited friends and relatives in Monett on Friday.
* Mr. and Mrs. Jess Galloway of Monett attended the Ozark State Fair in Carthage and transacted business there.
SEVENTY YEARS AGO
August 6, 1939
* Medlin Produce Company, 105 Second Street in Monett, recently completed a large chicken dressing room to take care of its increased chicken-dressing business.
* Mr. and Mrs. E.E. Camp arrived in Monett on Monday from Berkeley, California, where Camp attended the university this summer.
FIFTY YEARS AGO
August 6, 1959
* Tickets are now available for the annual True Owen Rodeo which is to be held August 20-22 at the rodeo grounds in Pierce City.
* Mrs. Clarence Hornor of Monett, district president, was the installing officer for the installation of officers of the American Legion Auxiliary in Monett on Monday.
FORTY YEARS AGO
August 6, 1969
* Manufacturing operations at the Monett plant of Mid-America Dairymen Inc. are scheduled to be discontinued in a two-phase adjustment over the next three months, it has been announced.
* Table tennis tournament in the Summer Youth Program was held yesterday at the First Baptist Church in Monett with Steve McClure winning first place.
THIRTY YEARS AGO
August 6, 1979
* Completion date for the meeting house of the Monett and Pierce City Wards of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, located on Highway 37 at the south edge of Monett, is expected to be about 30 days.
* Dee Stewart, chairman, announced six young ladies have entered the Little Miss Monett Lions Club Personality Pageant.
TWENTY YEARS AGO
August 6, 1989
* Winning trophies in the Monett Summer Youth Program this year were Jama Dick, Michelle Kingrey, Audra Higgins, Natalie Doss, Michelle Larmer, Grant Carlson, Aaron Lawrence, Scott Lawrence, Brian Smith and Daniel Hoyt.
* Ground for the new $1.1 million Missouri National Guard Armory in Monett was broken in ceremonies held Saturday.
TEN YEARS AGO
August 6, 1999
* Monett Farmers Market will be moving to the corner of Sixth and Bond streets, effective tomorrow, Sally Crowell, chairman of the market, has announced.
* Kevin Crocker of Missouri Gas Energy discussed the Missouri Smart Choice Program at yesterday's meeting of the Monett Kiwanis Club.