EIGHTY YEARS AGO
July 10, 1929
* Mr. and Mrs. L.E. Lines of Monett have returned from a vacation trip to Los Angeles, California.
* Mr. and Mrs. Charles Flaherty and Mr. and Mrs. Mike Flaherty of Monett have gone on a fishing trip to White River.
SEVENTY YEARS AGO
July 10, 1939
* Wesley Curtis, son of Mr. and Mrs. W.J. Curtis of Seligman, has been appointed to the West Point Academy in New York.
* Mrs. D.L. Stone, president of the Monett Business and Professional Women's Club, left Saturday to attend the national convention of the federation in Kansas City.
SIXTY YEARS AGO
July 10, 1949
* The Frisco Railroad plans to throw four tracks together in the Monett yards to make two long tracks capable of handling trains carrying 98 to 102 cars.
* The limestone sidewalk slabs along the Broadway front and the Fourth Street side of the First National Bank in Monett were knocked out today by an air hammer so that they may be replaced by new concrete walls.
FORTY YEARS AGO
July 10, 1969
* Charles Marrs, Barry County conservation agent, reports he caught $9,000 in a small tin can instead of the bass he went fishing for recently.
* Sergeant Fred Corn, son of Mrs. Pauline Corn of Wheaton, has graduated from the Non-Commissioned Officers Academy at Fort Knox, Kentucky.
THIRTY YEARS AGO
July 10, 1979
* Annual 4-H Camping Program, held at Camp Smokey in Roaring River State Park near Cassville, was completed last week.
* Mrs. Hassell Carlin, chairman of the annual Barry County Heart Fund Drive, announced $4,516.83 was contributed.
TWENTY YEARS AGO
July 10, 1989
* Elaine Litchfield and Steve Kay, co-chairman, have announced plans for the 59th annual Monett Jaycee Carnival have been completed.
* A citizen petitioned audit of Pierce City will be held July 18, according to Pierce City Clerk Larry Denney.
TEN YEARS AGO
July 10, 1999
* Delegates from Monett attending Girls State at Central Missouri State University were Sara Sperandio, Kayman Teas, Elizabeth Heim, Marlena Sweeney and Angela Verstraete.
* Licensed child care providers will present a special program July 13 on the pros and cons of the child care business at a meeting of the Barry-Lawrence Child Care Coalition.