SEVENTY YEARS AGO
May 26, 1939
* The Dieterich sisters, Josephine and Mary, presented their annual dance recital Wednesday at the Gillioz Theatre in Monett.
* Cloud Griffith of Monett, secretary and manager of the Ozark Fruit Growers Association, returned from the south Wednesday and reports the berry men are pleased with the season's crop.
SIXTY YEARS AGO
May 26, 1949
* George Simpson and Chester Werbin were inducted as new members of the Monett Kiwanis Club yesterday.
* Monett received the Helen Hussey Champlain Award and a $25 cash award for achievement in junior garden clubs at the annual spring conference of the Federated Garden Clubs held in Portland, Oregon.
FIFTY YEARS AGO
May 26, 1959
* Michael Garrett of Monett, son of Mrs. Elizabeth Marie Garrett, has been awarded a four-year scholarship to Washington University.
* Attending the state Lions Convention in Kansas City are Ralph Hull, Osa Manes, Joe Harrison and Paul Leising, of the Monett Lions Club.
FORTY YEARS AGO
May 26, 1969
* Larry Eimer, eight years old, of Monett, displayed five ribbons he won in five foot races yesterday during the annual St. Joseph Catholic School picnic.
* Brigadier General and Mrs. Ralph Hallenbeck of Scott Air Force Base, Illinois, were guests of Mrs. Hallenbeck's mother, Mrs. L.W. Hallenbeck, in Monett.
THIRTY YEARS AGO
May 26, 1979
* Team assignments and schedule of play for the 1979 Monett Little League has been announced by Dan Nestleroad, league president.
* Gregory Spohn, a 1970 graduate of Monett High School, recited the Hippocratic Oath at the annual Senior Class Day ceremony for St. Louis University School of Medicine on Friday.
TWENTY YEARS AGO
May 26, 1989
* Ralph Scott was installed as the new president of the Monett Lions Club last night during a special Ladies Night.
* James Hodge, of Springfield, a 1965 graduate of Monett High School, conducted a seminar at the state conference of the National Association of Bank Women held at Lake of the Ozarks.
TEN YEARS AGO
May 26, 1999
* Required training for registered wastewater treatment system installers in Barry County has been announced by Sue Burton, administrator of the Barry County Health Department.
* State qualifiers in tennis from the boys Monett Cubs team are the doubles team of Matt O'Hara and Nick Rowell.