The Monett City Council will meet for its regular monthly session at 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday in the Monett City Hall council chambers. Clerk Janie Knight has announced the following agenda:
* An amendment on the crossing closure and roadway improvements agreement that resulted in the closing of the Central Avenue railroad intersection will receive emergency action. A final solution for the pedestrian crossing is still being worked out, according to City Administrator Dennis Pyle.
* An ordinance is proposed for emergency action that will position the city to make investments through the Missouri Securities Investment Program.
* Final passage is planned for two ordinances implementing the previously discussed water and sewer rate increase.
* A change order is up for approval with Snyder Bridge Company over work on the Eisenhower Bridge project.
* The August sales tax holiday will be discussed.
* Monthly bills will be paid.
The meeting is open to the public. During the regular monthly meeting, Mayor Jim Orr will usually open the floor to hear public comments on city issues and ask for a summary of activities from city department heads.