The Monett License Office now has a new consumer-friendly dropbox service for patrons wanting to renew their vehicle registration in a time-saving, convenient way.
The License Bureau started utilizing the dropbox located at the front of the building in March to allow citizens another option for renewing registration, according to Office Manager DC Wright.
In addition, the license office now offers consumers the option of paying by credit and debit cards.
"We usually have between seven and 10 transactions per day. It's good for smaller transactions," said Wright.
To utilize the dropbox service, patrons need to follow these steps:
* Once the renewal notice is received, read it carefully. The renewal notice will list which documents and what fees are required to submit and process the registration.
* Indicate which registration period to renew for. This is located on the front of the renewal notice. On the back of the renewal notice is where any changes in mailing address should be needed as well as the indicated location to sign the notice.
* Enclose the renewal notice, required documents and the correct fees in an envelope. On the front, of the envelope, write the persons name and a daytime telephone.
* Place the renewal notice in the dropbox.
* Return to the License Bureau, let a staff member know the renewal was dropped off and they will provide the completed transaction.
|Transactions dropped off before 2 p.m. will be ready for pick-up at the end of the same business day, allowing one hour for processing.||Transactions dropped off after 2 p.m. will be available for pick-up at the beginning of the next business day.|
The Monett License Office is located at 200 E Broadway. Office hours are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. to noon on the last Saturday of each month.
For more information about services available at the license office, call 417-235-6678.