Southwest Area Career Center students won 12 medals in state competition in the SkillsUSA program recently. A total of 38 students taking classes in Monett competed in 56 different contests.
"Congratulations to all of them for a great job," said Peggy Spurlock, SkillsUSA coordinator.
Top contestants, sending school, program area, contest area and place are listed below.
* Caleb Antle, Purdy, diesel tech, diesel equipment technical information, first place.
* Jacob Bower, Monett, machine tool tech, quiz bowl, precision machining technical information, cnc turning, third place.
* Dalton Eutsler, Billings, diesel tech, diesel equipment technical information, third place.
* Dustin Hooten, Crane, machine tool tech, opening-closing team and precision machine tool skilled contest, second place.
* Dustin Legan, Monett, auto collision, collision repair technical information, second place.
* Kody Painter, Mt. Vernon, diesel tech, diesel equipment skilled contest and diesel equipment technical information, second place.
* Jeremy Ray, Aurora, construction tech, action skills and cabinetmaking technical information second place.
* John Stubblefield, Monett, computer aided drafting, quiz bowl, technical drafting information placed first and technical spelling, third place.
* Liz Sutton, Monett, computer aided drafting, technical drafting information and prepared speech, third place.
* Daniela Villa, Monett, culinary arts, food and beverage service technical information, first place.
* Caleb Wells, Marionville, machine tool tech, precision machining technical information and CNC turning skilled contest, first place.
Other students who competed were: Chuck Akins, Southwest, construction tech, teamworks and cabinetmaking technical information; Zack Berry, Miller, construction tech, teamworks and cabinetmaking technical information; Corey Ellsworth, Crane, construction tech, teamworks; Christine Fillinger, Monett, child care careers, pre-school teaching assistant; Andrew Fisher, Mt. Vernon, culinary arts, commercial baking technical information.
Ryan Frieze, Monett, computer maintenance/networking, telecommunications cabling and opening-closing team; Brittany Gasser, Monett, business technology, opening-closing team; Dakota Gunter, Wheaton, computer maintenance-networking, quiz bowl; Alysa Haverly, Pierce City, JROTC, opening-closing team; Kassie Hayes, Monett, culinary arts, action skills; Nathan Holden, Mt. Vernon, construction tech, teamworks and carpentry technical information.
Logan LaLonde, Monett, auto tech, quiz bowl; Matt Lawson, Aurora, culinary arts, culinary arts technical information; Kayla Maxey, Monett, graphics communication, opening-closing team; Katie Mulford, Aurora, culinary arts, opening-closing team; Hannah Parnell, Miller, culinary arts, culinary arts technical information contest; Kristin Patterson, Monett, culinary arts, food and beverage service skilled contest and food and beverage service technical information.
Cory Rogers, Mt. Vernon, welding tech, action skills; Cortny Rudick, Crane, computer aided drafting, technical drafting; Luis Serrano, Monett, auto collision, automotive refinishing skilled contest; Jeffrey Spooner, Monett, computer aided drafting, quiz bowl, architectural drafting technical information and architectural drafting skills contest; Jordon Stubblefield, Monett, JROTC, quiz bowl.
Tiffany Testerman, Cassville, child care careers, pre-school teaching assistant; Ricky Timbrook, Pierce City, diesel tech, diesel equipment technology skilled contest; Rodolfo Vargas, Verona, welding tech, job skill demo; Diana Walden, Billings, welding tech, extemporaneous speaking; and Jordan Wilson, Monett, culinary arts, commercial baking skilled contest
The contests are held in conjunction with the Missouri SkillsUSA Leadership and Skills Conference and attended by more than 2,000 students, teachers and representatives of business, industry, education and government. During their stay, students participate as voting delegates for their chapters, elect state officers, conduct the business of the organization, meet with business and industry representatives, and hear from officials.
The competition was held on the campus of Linn State Technical College in Linn on April 2, 3 and 4.