2-30 Kiwanis issues day at MHS
By MURRAY BISHOFF
On Friday, March 27, the Monett Kiwanis Club will host its annual Contemporary Issues Day at Monett High School. Project Chairman David Honeycutt has arranged for five speakers to address issues of current relevance to teens.
Presentations will begin at 8:20 a.m. and last about 40 minutes. Students will be divided into five groups and will rotate between the speakers. Each talk will be repeated for all of the groups.
Among the speakers are:
* Kevin Williams, chief financial officer at Jack Henry and Associates. Williams will speak about personal finance for the current generation;
* 29th District State Senator Jack Goodman. Focusing on the economy, Goodman will talk about "Our Resilient County;"
* Chip Abramovitz with Bikers Against Child Abuse (BACA). Abramovitz will speak on the projects and activities of BACA;
* Meteorologist Ted Keller fro KOLR Television in Springfield. Keller will focus on weather in the Ozarks;
* Erisa Hines, an aeronautical engineer for Jet Propulsion Laboratories in Pasadena, California. She will speak about her responsibilities and current projects at her company.
Programs will conclude shortly after 12 noon. Honeycutt said the public is welcome to attend any or all of the sessions.