Cattlemen’s group details legislative agendaThe Missouri Cattlemen's Association plans to pursue an aggressive legislative agenda in Jefferson City this year, according to Mike Deering, MCA executive vice president. Deering spoke at the 49th...
Purdy crowns Emma Harkey, Kole Rea for homecomingHomecoming ceremonies were held on Feb. 9 at Purdy High School. Junior Emma Harkey, daughter of Sam Harkey and Amy Harkey, was crowned queen. Earlier in the day, senior Kole Rea was crowned as Mister...
- School leaders air concerns over shooting threat
- Freistatt firefighters rescue family
- Narcan soon to be added to Monett police protocol
- Pierce City pondering water, wastewater contract
- Fifth Street bridge over Kelly Creek to be replaced by May
- Pierce City aldermen eye water rate increases
- Farmers should prepare for dry conditions now
- Monett City Council to consider annexation
- St. Mary’s students create Draw Pierce City scenes
- News in brief
- Changes come as Lawrence County filings open (2/14/18)
- Purdy talks Latin graduation system (2/14/18)
- A day of puppies and parades (2/14/18)
- Veterans living in woods prompt concern from area residents (2/14/18)
- New committee formed to raise awareness on Prop 1 (2/14/18)
- Cubs send 4 in to tonight’s semifinals
- Third-grade students enjoy Mardi Gras
- 4 Cubs vie for wrestling titles
- Old Purdy post office building undergoes demolition
- Ready to receive hearts
- Monett wrestlers perfect in day 1 of state tourney
- Veterans living in woods prompt concern from area residents
- Magnificent 7 ride to state
- 30 people attend Chamber Casino Night
- Local dairy producers gather for annual conference
- Cubs strike gold at stateCOLUMBIA – With the eye of the entire state upon them, the Monett wrestling squad brought home three individual titles on Saturday night. The Cubs had four opportunities on the evening against stiff competition. Cubs fans did not have to wait long for results, as the first four matches of the evening featured a purple and gold grappler. As an added bonus, Monett was able to wrestle on a newly-purchased Monett mat that was on display for the tournament...
Jack Williams named president at WinTech (1/27/18)Jack Williams has been appointed president of Window Technology, Inc. (WinTech) in Monett. The board of directors announced the appointment on Tuesday, Jan. 23. Prior to coming to WinTech, Williams...
Feedout ink is red: Steers lose (1/27/18)The 97 steers that finished the Missouri Steer Feedout on Nov. 14 and Dec. 19 ended up with an average per head loss of $134.76, reported the University of Missouri Extension Service, which runs the...
Philomena Barnes (2/17/18)Philomena R. Barnes, 93, of Marionville, passed died Sunday, Feb. 11 at Mercy Hospital in Aurora. A funeral service was held Feb. 16, at the Crafton- Cantrell Funeral Home in Aurora. Burial was at...
Miranda Brannon (2/17/18)Miranda Nicole Brannon, 38, of Aurora, died Wednesday, Feb. 14, at her home. A funeral service will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Crafton-Cantrell Funeral Home, in Aurora. Burial...
Albert Cutter (2/17/18)Albert Elwin Cutter, 89, of Aurora, died Saturday, Feb. 10 at his home. A funeral service was held Feb. 17 at the Crafton-Cantrell Funeral Home in Aurora. Burial was at the Mars Hill Cemetery.
Flora Carter (2/17/18)Flora D. Carter, 90, of Shell Knob, died Monday, Feb. 12. Graveside services were Friday, Feb. 16, at Painter Cemetery in Shell Knob, under direction of Fohn Funeral Home in Cassville.
Brandi Werneburg (2/17/18)Brandi Lynn Werneburg, 33, of Purdy, died Friday, Feb. 9. Visitation was held from 5:00 until 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 13, at Fohn Funeral Home in Cassville. Burial will be at Princeville Township...
Mina Wheeler (2/17/18)Mina Lou (Parks) Wheeler, 96, of Republic, formerly of Marionville, died Tuesday, Feb. 13. A funeral service was held Feb. 17, at the Williams Funeral Home in Marionville. Burial was at the...
AnnouncementsWARNING: IF you love traditional Bluegrass & Gospel music & play, listen, learn then call Jim at 417-389-6039. Acoustic instruments only. Starting very soon.
Moore's packing and loadingLooking for casual labor to help with moving household goods and office furniture in Springfield and surrounding areas. Must be able to pass background check. Need to be able to lift items like sofas dressers etc. Starting pay is 11.00 hour.
Help WantedSCHOOL BUS Drivers and Monitors needed. Call 235-1866 please leave name and number.
Help WantedNOW HIRING Customer Service Rep/Dispatcher. Innovative Warehousing & Dist, Inc., 23290 Lawrence 1090, Monett, MO. 417-635-1130. Looking for an experienced and responsible person to fill this full time position working M-F in Monett. Excellent hours and compensation package. Apply in person or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 573-760-1335.