Foreign exchange student soon to return home to TaiwanFor Sherry Liu, leaving Pierce City and returning to her home in Taichung, Taiwan, will be bittersweet. “When I first came to Pierce City, it seemed like it would be forever [before going home], but...
CoxHealth Diaper Drive sees huge successHospitals in the CoxHealth system in Springfield, Branson and Monett collected more than 25,000 diapers for the fifth annual CoxHealth Diaper Drive during April, thanks to the generosity of people...
- Monett fireworks sales to continue in 2017 (5/20/17)
- Bi-county crime rate on the rise (5/20/17)
- Clean-Up Week removes 122 tons (5/20/17)
- WinTech receives Missouri Impact Award (5/20/17)
- Adult, teen summer reading program schedule set (5/20/17)
- News in brief (5/20/17)
- Monett graduates receive scholarship support (5/19/17)
- Students promote tornado safety (5/19/17)
- Monett High School seniors receive honors recognition (5/19/17)
- Field Day fun at Monett Intermediate School (5/19/17)
- Local scholarships announced for Monett seniors (5/19/17)
- Service Day sends teens around town to work (5/19/17)
- Big Event provides frolicking time (5/19/17)
- Final tunnel salutes Monett graduates (5/19/17)
- News in brief (5/19/17)
- Purdy earns 1st championship berth
- Lady Eagles fall short of state title
- Foreign exchange student soon to return home to Taiwan
- WinTech receives Missouri Impact Award
- Bi-county crime rate on the rise
- Home field advantage restored
- Murray Bishoff: Risks, rewards and short memories
- Adult, teen summer reading program schedule set
- CoxHealth Diaper Drive sees huge success
- Bell rings out school year at elementary
- Lady Eagles fall short of state title1On a bright and blustery Sunday in Springfield, the Purdy softball team was hoping for more bluster from their bats and a brighter result, as the Lady Eagles fell to Strafford in the state championship game, 3-0. Purdy started off strong, holding Strafford hitless until the fourth inning, when Rilie Vote led off with a solo home run over the left middle of the wall. The crack gave the Lady Indians some confidence, as a line drive later plated two more runs to give Strafford a 3-0 lead...
Monett High School graduation (5/21/17)
Purdy vs. Strafford (State Championship) (5/21/17)
Purdy vs. Lincoln (State Semifinals) (5/20/17)
Purdy High School graduation (5/17/17)
Purdy-Pierce City Softball State Quarterfinal — May 12, 2017 (5/12/17)
Pierce City Prom — May 6, 2017 (5/10/17)
Monett High School prom — May 6, 2017 (5/10/17)
Barry County Relay for Life (5/10/17)
LaVerne Kutz (5/20/17)LaVerne Anthony Kutz, 91, of Wentworth, Mo., passed from this life on Thursday, May 18, 2017, while at Cox South Medical Center in Springfield, Mo. LaVerne was born on January 18, 1926, in Wentworth,...
Larry Ash (5/20/17)Larry Eugene Ash, 75, of Cassville, died Thursday, May 18. Graveside services with military honors will be held at 10:00 a.m. Monday, May 22, at Log Church Memorial Gardens in Butterfield, under...
Bobby Kerr (5/20/17)Bobby Lee Kerr, 65, of Rocky Comfort, died Wednesday, May 17. Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 23, at McQueen Funeral Home in Wheaton. Burial will be at Rocky Comfort...
Jewell Farwell (5/19/17)Jewell Rose Farwell, 95, of Eagle Rock, died in her home on Monday, May 15. Graveside services were held Thursday, May 18, at Roach Cemetery in Eagle Rock with Rick Farwell officiating. Arrangements...
J.C. Breidenstein (5/17/17)J.C. Breidenstein, 84, of Marionville, Mo., passed away at 9:20 p.m. on Saturday, May 13, 2017, at the Lacoba Nursing Home in Monett. He was born June 5, 1932, in Lawrence County, the son of the late...
Marty Dorn (5/17/17)Marty Dorn, 58, of Monett, died Tuesday, May 9, at his home. Memorial service will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 20, at Buchanan Funeral Home with visitation beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Garage SalesGARAGE SALE: Wednesday noon-8, Thursday 7-7, Friday 7-?. Canning jars, baby clothes, jewelry, cowboy hats/shirts, women's clothes, jeans, bedspreads, BBQ Grill, and more. From Monett Sonic go Hwy H to 2220 turn right, 1st dirt road 1085 turn left. 1st house on right. 21724 Lawrence 1085, Monett.
Garage SalesMACKEY FAMILY Garage Sale: 5/26 and 5/27, East Highway 60, South Farm Road 1110. Kids and adults clothes, nice toys, longaberger, household items, DVD's.
Garage SalesLARGE ESTATE Garage Sale: 1403 N. 9th St., Monett. Saturday, May 27, 2017, 8-4. Antique and collectible glassware, black spatter ware, lamps, some antique furniture, clothing size 10-14, shoes size 7 1/2-8, and much more. Great sale, great prices!!
Help WantedPT BARTENDER wanted, background check required. Pick up application on Monday's between 4-7pm at VFW Post, 2 miles West of Monett on Hwy 60. See Gay.